On 22nd-25th February 2005 an open competition of professional skills among specialists in the installation and measurements of communication cables was held in the framework of the Norwecom-2005 exhibition. Specialists of the companies of the Svyazinvest holding, Lentelefonstroy JSC, Promsvyazmontazh JSC, the St. Petersburg branch of CJSC TransTelecom and other companies took part in the competition.
The team of OJSC North-West Telecom was represented by 34 participants and showed brilliant results.
1. In the ‘Copper Core Cabling’ nomination the team of OJSC NWT won all the three prizes:
- 6th category cable jointer of the Lensvyaz branch Alexandr Borisovich KALININ became the winner in the nomination;
- 6th category cable jointer of the Electrosvyaz of Kaliningrad Oblast branch Vladas Vaido MARTSINKENAS won the 2nd place;
- 6th category cable jointer of the Petersburg Telephone Network branch Alexandr Nikolayevich LUKIN won the 3rd prize.
2. In the ‘Copper Core Cable Measurement’ nomination
- an engineer of the Petersburg Telephone Network branch of OJSC NWT Alexandr Leonidovich SHKATYREV won the first place;
- an electrician of the Lensvyaz branch of OJSC NWT Alexandr Nikolayevich BORISOV won the second place;
3. In the ‘Fibre-Optic Communication Cabling and Measurement’ nomination the third prize was won by the team of the Petersburg Telephone Network branch of OJSC NWT, consisting of:
- Yury Vladimirovich MOROZOV, engineer,
- Anatoly Ivanovich REVA, 6th category cable jointer,
- Alexandr Nikolayevich KISELYOV, 6th category cable jointer.
The participants of the competition were judged by the results of performing a practical and theoretic assignments consisting of questions on the production processes and accident prevention. The assignments of the competition provided for the performance of all basic process steps. The participants could use various processes and certified materials and accessories.
The competitions of professional skills have a long history and were held with the view of improving professional skills, developing creative activity, finding and distributing advanced techniques and methods of work, making the workers' professions more prestigious and enhancing the motivation of the personnel of telecommunication companies.
The entire team of North-West Telecom heartily congratulates the winners of the competition and wishes them good health, welfare and further success in their work! Your professional mastery means the quality of the services provided by North-West Telecom to its clients, this is a faultless communication at any time of day and night and, in the final run, a significant element of the company’s development success.